Duties of the FOSA Board of Directors, as established by the FOSA bylaws
- The Board of Directors, using their best efforts, consistent with then applicable regulations, standards and ethical guidelines, shall manage the assets and business of the FOSA Chapter.
- Consistent with this requirement, the Board of Directors shall have power to:
- Elect all officers and appoint all agents of the FOSA Chapter [of the Fiber Broadband Association] and prescribe their duties and fix their compensation except as otherwise provided by this Charter/Bylaws.
- Appoint Committees.
- Establish dues schedules.
- In general, do all lawful things and exercise all such lawful powers as are not vested in the Members of the FOSA Chapter and which will promote the objects and purposes of this FOSA Chapter.
- The Board of Directors shall by November 30th of each year adopt an approved budget for the subsequent calendar year.
- The Board of Directors shall meet at least four (4) times annually. Annual meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held for the purpose of organization, the election of officers and the transaction of other business as soon as practicable after each annual election of Directors is held.