Fiber Optic Sensing Association:
Connect and Protect
Organizations which manufacture, test, evaluate, install, and provide support services related to fiber optic sensing systems and equipment may apply for membership in the Fiber Optic Sensing Association (FOSA). We have three types of membership available:
- Pay $10,000 in annual dues or a pro-rated fee, based on which month of the calendar year they join, with a minimum fee of $5,000 joining 6 months into the year (e.g. joining in October still carries a minimum $5,000 fee).
- Can apply for Board Elections and serve as Officers, to set the direction of FOSA
- Can have any number of participants in the Public Policy, Technology Committee and Economic Benefit Committees
- Can send two individuals to attend FOSA face to face meetings free of charge
- Can present Webinars free of charge
- Must be an Academic Institution (post-secondary) or not for profit organization to be eligible for associate membership
- Pay $3,000 in annual dues or a pro-rated fee, based on which month of the calendar year they join (with a minimum fee of $1,500)
- Can have up to 3 individuals participate in the Technology Committee and Economic Benefit Committee
- Can have up to 2 individuals attend FOSA face to face meetings for a fee of $250 each
- Can present Webinars for a fee of $750
- Must be an independent consultancy organization with no more than 5 individuals contracted to be eligible for consultant membership
- Pay $1,500 in annual dues or a pro-rated fee, based on which month of the calendar year they join (with a minimum fee of $750)
- Can have one individual participate in the Technology Committee and Economic Benefit Committee
- Can have one individual attend FOSA face to face meetings for a fee of $250
FOSA does not restrict membership on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race (which includes color, nationality and ethnic or national origins), sexual orientation, religion or belief, or because someone is married or in a civil partnership.
If you are experiencing any issues joining online or if you have questions about membership, please email JMolony@fiberopticsensing.org.