Please note that FOSA is domiciled exclusively within the United States, and we provide resources and education to companies in this region. If you are located in the European Union, or elsewhere outside of the United States, please be aware that any information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States and may be stored on servers in the United States. If you have questions or concerns regarding this policy, we welcome you to contact us at info@Fiberopticsensing.org.
2. Information We Collect
There are several ways we may obtain information about you, including through (A) information you provide to us directly; and (B) information that we automatically collect. This includes data that identifies you personally whether directly (e.g., your name) or indirectly (e.g., information about your online use).
A. Information You Provide
We collect information from you at our Collection Places when you choose to share it with us. This may include when you use our Website; sign up as a FOSA member; attend one of our conferences, events, or educational programs; sign up for newsletters or our email list; participate in an online forum; engage in certification or accreditation activities; participate in one of our volunteer activities; purchase products or services, engage with our career services; fill out a survey; or otherwise request that we contact you via mail, e-mail, or telephone to provide information, updates, or promotions.
The information that we collect may include, but may not be limited to, name, telephone number, email address, employer, professional title, date of birth, home or business and mailing address, gender, details regarding your entity and business, your job title, username and password, company contacts for corporate members, photographs, and education level.
B. Information We Collect Automatically
Whenever you visit or interact with our Website, we may use a variety of technologies such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, clear gifs, or other technologies to automatically or passively collect certain information your online activity.
Please note that the following information may automatically be collected about you:
- Computer or Device Information. We may automatically collect your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address or other unique identifier or information from the computer, mobile device, tablet or other device you use to access the Services, including but not limited to your browser type, device type, operating system, software version, phone model, phone operating system, and the domain name from which you accessed the Services.
- Usage Information. We may collect information about your use of the Website, including the date and time you visit the Website, the areas or pages that you visit, the time spent on each web page or area of the Website, the promotions or advertisements that you click on, and other actions that you take while using our Website.
- Our Third Party Service Providers. We may use third party service providers to support our website. Some of these service providers may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, Flash cookies, or HTML5 cookies to receive, collect, and store information.
C. Combination of Information
We may combine the information we receive from and about you, including information you provide to us and information we automatically collect through our Website, as well as information collected offline, across other computers or devices that you may use, and from third party sources.
3. Our Use of Your Information
FOSA may use the information that we collect from or about you to:
- Provide information about our services and affiliate partnerships;
- Fulfill your member benefits;
- Facilitate your attendance/participation at our conferences and events (both in person and virtual);
- Track your attendance at conferences and trade shows (including exhibitor spaces);
- Prepare invoices and process payments;
- Respond to any of your questions or requests or other communications you send to us;
- Present our Website and provide our business effectively to you, including as a way to recognize you and welcome you to the Website, to address problems with the Website or our business, or to protect the security or integrity of the Website and our business;
- To review the usage and operations of our Website, develop new products or services, and conduct analysis to enhance or improve our content, products, and services;
- To contact you with information, newsletters, and promotional materials from FOSA or on behalf of our partners and affiliates;
- To use your information in an aggregated non-specific format for analytical and demographic purposes; or
- For other purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or otherwise with your consent.
4. Our Disclosure of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We may share your information with the following categories of recipients:
- Other Fiber Optic Sensing Association members who may receive certain items of your personal information as part of a membership directory or through collaboration portals. In addition, if you sign up to attend a member meeting or other FOSA-sponsored event, all other FOSA members who sign up for the event will be notified of your intended attendance at the event and may be given your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are not responsible for other members use or misuse of your personal information; and
- Affiliated partners, such as exhibitors, sponsors and advertisers, may receive membership lists or event attendance lists that include your full name, address, company name, and email address. We are similarly not responsible for the use or misuse of your personal information by our affiliated partners.
We may also disclose your information as is necessary to: (a) comply with a subpoena or court order; (b) cooperate with law enforcement or other government agencies; (c) establish or exercise our legal rights; (d) protect the property or safety of our company and employees, contractors, vendors, suppliers, and customers; (e) defend against legal claims; (f) help with internal and external investigations; or (g) as otherwise required by law or permitted by law. We may disclose your information in connection with the sale or merger of FOSA or any transaction that involves the sale or assignment of some or all of our assets.
We also may share aggregate, anonymous, or de-identified non-personal information with third parties, including for their marketing or analytics uses.
5. Unsubscribing from Our Marketing Communications
You may be offered the opportunity to subscribe to and receive additional information about FOSA’s products and services, special events, promotions, or other offers. If you would like to opt-out from receiving marketing communications from FOSA, you may click on the unsubscribe link in the footer of any email, or email us at info@Fiberopticsensing.org. It may take up to 10 business days to process your opt-out requests.
6. Data Security
We have taken certain physical, administrative, and technical steps to safeguard the information we collect from and about our customers and Site visitors. While we make every effort to help ensure the integrity and security of our network and systems, we cannot guarantee our security measures. You should take care with regard to how you handle and disclose your personal information or any username or password that you are required to use to access all of our Collection Places.
7. Children’s Privacy
Protecting children’s privacy is important to us. Our Website is not directed to, and we do not knowingly collect information from, children under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child has provided us with personal information, we will use reasonable efforts to remove such information from our files.
8. Third-Party Content, Links, and Plug-Ins
Our Website may have links to third-party websites or digital forums, which may have privacy policies that differ from our own. We are not responsible for the practices of such sites. Please remember that any information disclosed in these areas becomes public information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose information through these areas of the Website.
10. Questions; Contact Us
If you have questions or comments about our efforts to protect your personal privacy, or if you require additional information about our privacy commitment, please contact us at info@Fiberopticsensing.org.
Effective Date: June 15, 2018